TRICARE Prime Remote
Relocation must be to a new country, and/or city, region, or zip +4 code to be a QLE. You have 90 days from the date of your address change to change your health plan.
Follow these steps to ensure there’s no break in coverage when you move:
- Don't disenroll from TRICARE Prime Remote before you move
- Update your address in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System
- Transfer your TRICARE Prime coverage within 30 days of arriving at your new location
TRICARE Prime Remote isn’t available everywhere. You may have different health plan options when you move. Check the Plan Finder to learn more.
Moving Within the Same TRICARE Region
- If you move anywhere in the same region, simply change your primary care manager (PCM)
- If you move to a Prime Service Area, your coverage will transfer to TRICARE Prime when your PCM change is effective
Moving to another TRICARE Region
You can begin your enrollment transfer before you move. To start the process, call your new contractor as soon as you know you’re moving.
- East RegionUnder the new regional contracts, the East Region is a merger of the North and South Regions and includes: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.—Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
- West RegionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming.—Health Net: 1-844-866-9378
- Overseas—International SOS
Starting the process over the phone before you move is the easiest and fastest way to transfer your TRICARE Prime enrollment. You can also transfer your enrollment online (in the U.S. only) or by mail after you move.
If you move overseas, family members must be command-sponsored to enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas. If not command-sponsored, they can use TRICARE Select
Last Updated 10/24/2019