Skip to main content

Life Events

Learn more about Qualifying Life Events.
They can trigger a change in your TRICARE benefit.

TRICARE Young Adult

You can transfer your TRICARE Young Adult coverage when you move. The first step is to update your personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System.

Your options (Prime or Select) may change depending on where you move. Remember that:

Moving Within the Same TRICARE Region

  • Call your regional contractor to update your address
  • See if you need to switch options. If you do, your contractor will adjust your premium payment
  • Find a new doctor

Moving to Another TRICARE Region

Call your new regional contractor to transfer your coverage and set up your premium payment:

  • East-Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
  • West-Health Net Federal Services: 1-844-866-9378
  • Overseas-International SOS

If you need to switch options, your premium payment will be adjusted. In either case, you’ll need to find a new doctor.

Last Updated 12/4/2017

contact Your Contacts

East Region - Humana Military


West Region - Health Net Federal Services

Overseas - International SOS

Country-specific toll-free numbers

Overseas Website

View More Contacts