Your Health Plan Options
When you get to your final duty station, you'll enroll in a TRICARE Prime plan.
Family members may be able to enroll in a Prime plan depending on where they live. They can also use:
If your adult child uses TRICARE Young Adult, their coverage won’t change when you activate.
Are you currently using TRICARE Reserve Select?
TRICARE Reserve Select coverage ends when you activate.
- You'll get a refund for premiums you paid for coverage after you activate.
- You can purchase it again if you deactivate, if you still qualify for TRICARE Reserve Select.
Watch this video to learn about TRICARE health plan options available to National Guard and Reserve Members.
Do you have delayed-effective-date orders?
If yes, then you qualify for the "early eligibility" pre-activation benefit:
- Coverage begins up to 180 days before you report to active duty.
- Includes pharmacy and dental care.
- Family members are also covered during this pre-activation period.
- Benefits continue when active duty service begins.
If you don't meet early eligibility requirements, coverage for you and your family begins on the first day of your orders.