Relocation must be to a new country, and/or city, region, or zip +4 code to be a QLE. You have 90 days from the date of your address change to change your health plan.
Your coverage won’t change when you move, but you may have a new regional contractor and claims filing address.
The first step is to update your address and other personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System when you get to your new location.
Moving Within the Same TRICARE Region
- Call your regional contractor to update your address
- Find a new doctor
Moving to Another TRICARE Region in the United States
- You'll use TRICARE Select
- Same costs and rules for getting care
- Get care from any overseas provider
- Call International SOS if you have questions
Last Updated 1/17/2019