Skip to main content

Life Events

Learn more about Qualifying Life Events.
They can trigger a change in your TRICARE benefit.


You can continue to use TRICARE For Life wherever you move, but there are some differences in the U.S. and overseas.

The first step is to update your personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System.

Moving Anywhere in the United States

  • Simply find a new doctor
  • Medicare pays first and TRICARE pays second for services covered by both TRICARE and Medicare

Moving Overseas

If you move to a U.S. Territory, TRICARE For Life coverage is the same in U.S. Territories as in the U.S.

In all other overseas locations, Medicare doesn’t provide coverage so TRICARE is the primary payer. You'll get care from any overseas provider, and you're responsible to pay the TRICARE deductible and cost shares.

To find a doctor overseas:

Last Updated 1/4/2017

contact Your Contacts

Customer Service

In the U.S. and U.S. Territories, contact WPS-Military and Veterans Health:
(TDD 1-866-773-0405)

In all other overseas areas, call International SOS

View More Contacts