Skip to main content

Life Events

Learn more about Qualifying Life Events.
They can trigger a change in your TRICARE benefit.

TRICARE Reserve Select or TRICARE Retired Reserve

Your coverage won’t change when you move, but you may have a new regional contractor and claims filing address.

Follow these steps to make sure there’s no break in your coverage:

  • Update your address and other personal information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System
  • Call your regional contractor
    • If you move within the same region, call your current contractor to update your address and other personal information
    • If you move to another region, call your new contractor (contact info on the right side of the page) to transfer your coverage and set up your automated premium payments
  • Find a new doctor and get care the same way you usually do

 You should also get to know your new regional contractor:

Last Updated 11/27/2017

contact Your Contacts

East Region - Humana Military


West Region - Health Net Federal Services

Overseas - International SOS

Country-specific toll-free numbers

Overseas Website

View More Contacts