New Active Duty Service Members
Your Health Plan Options
You'll enroll in one of the following plans based on your duty station:
You're automatically covered by one of these plans, but you must enroll.
- You may enroll when you in-process at your duty station.
- You can enroll family members when you enroll.
TRICARE is the only health benefit you can use.
- TRICARE offers comprehensive coverage. >>See what's covered
- Learn about TRICARE's robust pharmacy benefit.
- You'll get most dental care at military dental clinics. If you need civilian dental care:
- You'll use the Active Duty Dental Program.
- You pay nothing out-of-pocket for covered services.
- If you have to pay for something, you can file a claim with TRICARE for a full reimbursement.
Family Member Coverage
- Your spouse and children are eligible for TRICARE
- They must be registered as your "dependents" in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
- Family members have other health plan options in addition to the Prime plans listed above.
- If you have dependent parents or parents-in-law, they may be eligible for some benefits.
Concerned about RSV and your child? TRICARE covers all services that are medically necessaryTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition. and considered proven. >> Learn more about RSV.
Last Updated 5/5/2022