National Guard or Reserve Members
- Your TRICARE coverage is based on your military status.
- See the table below or view activation-deactivation coverage scenarios.
|If you are ...||Then, you may qualify for:|
|On military duty for Less than 30 Days|
|ActivatedClick to closeCalled or ordered to active duty service for more than 30 days in a row.|
- When on active duty, you qualify for active duty dental benefits.
- When not on active duty, you can purchase the TRICARE Dental Program
- Learn more about Guard/Reserve Dental Care
TRICARE offers a robust pharmacy benefit. You're eligible when you're:
- Enrolled in TRICARE Reserve Select
- On active duty orders
- Covered by the Transitional Assistance Management Program
- You'll have no out-of-pocket costs if on active duty, covered by the Transitional Assitance Management Program or getting line of duty care.
- If using TRICARE Reserve Select, you'll pay monthly premiums and cost shares. >>Learn More
Family Member Coverage
- Your spouse and children are covered by TRICARE when you're covered.
- When on active duty
- If you've purchased TRICARE Reserve Select
- When covered by TAMP
- Family members don't qualify for line of duty care
- They must be registered as your "dependents" in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
Last Updated 12/19/2016