Active Duty Service Members
Your status as an active duty service member means you’re covered by TRICARE Prime for claims purposes, but your rules for getting care are slightly different.
Direct CareIt's care you get at military hospitals and clinics. To learn more visit the Military Hospitals and Clinics page. Some individuals may get direct care only when space is available./Primary Care Manager
Direct Care is care you get at military hospitals and clinics. When you’re stationed at a military installation that has a clinic/hospital or troupe clinic, you’re assigned to a Primary Care Manager (PCM), where you are required to get all your medical care. If you’re assigned to a ship, you will get care from the medical team on board. Any care that your PCM can’t provide (other than emergency care) requires a referral; this includes urgent care.
As an Active Duty service member:
- You must call your (PCM) to schedule an appointment at your assigned military hospital or clinic, or use the or TRICARE Online.
- If you’re unable to go to your PCM or military hospital or clinic, you’ll need a referral or pre-authorization to seek outside care with a network provider.
- If after hours,
- You must have a referral from your PCM for any care they can't provide.
- Your PCM works with your for the .
- Your contractor will try to refer you to a first.
- still have a referral from your PCM.
- call your PCM the next duty day to inform them of care you received
Your Primary Care Manager
|TRICARE Prime Remote
|TRICARE Prime Overseas
|TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
Last Updated 8/2/2023