TRICARE covers the following medically necessaryTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition. food, medical equipment, supplies, and services. You must get these from a TRICARE authorized provider. They are for certain covered diseases and conditions only.
- ParenteralTaken or received by an intravenous or intramuscular injection. nutritional therapy
- enteralTaken by mouth or feeding tube. nutritional therapy
- Oral nutritional therapy
- Intraperitoneal nutrition (IPN) therapy
- Ketogenic diets
- Low protein modified foods
- Specialized formulas to include amino based formulas
- Medical nutritional therapy or counseling
If you have a prescription, TRICARE covers some prenatal vitamins. If you're pregnant and over the age of 45, you must get pre-authorization.
This list of covered services is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers services that are medically necessary and considered proven. There are special rules or limits on certain services, and some services are excluded.
Last Updated 3/20/2022