The TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery is least expensive way to fill prescriptions after military pharmacies.
For costs information, visit the Copayments and Cost-Shares page.
Where do you live?
U.S. or U.S. Territories:
TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery will ship to any address in the U.S. or U.S. territories, including APO/FPO address.
All Other Overseas Areas:
- You must use your APO/FPO* address.
- Use the embassy address if you’re assigned to an embassy and don’t have an APO/FPO address.
- You can’t use private foreign addresses.
- You can’t use APO/FPO addresses for refrigerated drugs.
- Home delivery is not available in Germany.
- If you don't qualify for home delivery, you will need to get your medication from a retail pharmacy and submit a medical claim with the overseas contractor for reimbursement.
*Note: Home delivery to APO/FPO addresses is subject to local customs laws. Prescription drugs sent to APO/FPO addresses may be seized by customs authorities. If your prescription drugs are seized, contact Express Scripts at 1-877-363-1303. Or, look up your local toll-free number to find out other ways to get your prescription filled.
Certain Maintenance DrugsAny drug you take regularly for a chronic condition.
All beneficiaries except active duty service members must get refills for certain brand-name maintenance drugs through home delivery or at a military pharmacy.
If you fill your certain maintenance drug at a network pharmacy:
- One time - You'll get a letter from Express Scripts telling you that you need to switch.
- Two times - You’ll get another letter from Express Scripts about switching.
- Three times - You’re responsible to pay 100% of the cost.
This rule doesn’t apply if you live outside of the U.S. or U.S. Territory
How to Register for Home Delivery
You have three easy ways to register for Home Delivery.
- After you register online or by phone, your provider will need to send your prescriptions to Express Scripts to be filled.
- You should ask your provider to write the prescription for the maximum supply allowed, which is 90 days for most drugs.
You can register online for each eligible family member. You'll have online access to your account, and general information on health and prescription drugs.
You can call 1-877-363-1303 (TDD/TTY: 1-877-540-6261)
You can download the Mail Order Registration Form and mail it to:
Express Scripts, Inc.
We deliver most prescriptions filled through home delivery in less than a week.
Sometimes your prescription can’t be filled because we need clarification. In these cases, Express Scripts will contact you or your provider.
- Return the call within two business days
- If you don't, Express Scripts will send you a letter explaining why the prescription wasn’t filled.
To avoid problems, you can:
- Ask your provider to e-prescribe your prescription drugs. Electronic prescriptions are less likely to have missing or unreadable items.
- Clearly write your name, sponsor ID number, and birthdate on the back of the prescription if you fill it by mail.
- If Express Scripts calls you, call them back within two business days. Customer service staff is available 24/7.
When a drug isn’t covered by TRICARE, Express Scripts will send you a letter and return your prescription.
If you aren't sure if your prescription is covered, you can:
- Call Express Scripts at 1-877-363-1303
- Search TRICARE Formulary
Click here for more about non-covered drugs.
If you feel there is an error with your prescription return or denial, call 1-877-363-1303 to speak to a Patient Care Advocate.
Quantity limits vary by type of pharmacy:
- Military Pharmacy: up to a 90-day supply
- Home Delivery: up to a 90-day supply
- Network Pharmacy: up to a 30-day supply
Exceptions can be made if your provider establishes medical necessity.
Last Updated 6/26/2023