Follow the steps below to file and check the status of your claims.
- Keep a copy of all paperwork for your records.
- If you need help, call your regional contractor.
Are you overseas? If yes, then you can file your claims online.
1. Fill out the TRICARE Claim Form
- Download the Patient's Request for Medical Payment (DD Form 2642).
- Fill out all 12 blocks of the form completely.
- Sign the form.
2. Include a Copy of the Provider's Bill
Attach a readable copy of the provider's bill to the claim form, making sure it contains the following:
- Sponsor's Social Security Number (SSN) or Department of Defense Benefits Number (DBN) (eligible former spouses should use their SSN)
- Provider's name and address (if more than one provider's name is on the bill, circle the name of the person who treated you)
- Date and place of each service
- Description of each service or supply furnished
- Charge for each service
- Diagnosis (if the diagnosis is not on the bill, be sure to complete block 8a on the form)
3. Submit the Claim
- Mail your completed claim form to the claims address for your claims processor.
- If filing a claim overseas, you can submit your claim online. >>Learn More
4. Check the Status of Your Claims
To keep track of your claims online, you'll need to register on your claim processor's site:
Once registered, you can also:
- Look up your deductibles and your out-of-pocket expenses
- Update your other health insuranceClick to closeHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance." information
- View your explanations of benefits online
Once your spouse shows as eligible for benefits in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), he or she can file claims for care received:
- On or after June 26, 2013—if married before June 26, 2013, or
- Back to the date of eligibility in DEERS—if married after June 26, 2013.
Last Updated 9/3/2019