TRICARE Prime is available in Prime Service AreasGeographic areas in the U.S. where we offer TRICARE Prime. They ensure medical readiness of active duty by adding to the capability and capacity of military hospitals and clinics. Prime Service Areas were also built around the Base Realignment and Closure sites.. To see if you live in a Prime Service Area, you can:
If you don’t live in a Prime Service Area, you can:
- Waive your drive time standards and enroll if you live within 100 miles of a primary care manager
- Visit the Plan Finder to learn about your other options
Step 1: Choose a Primary Care Manager (PCM)
You may select a military or network provider as your PCM. If you don't list a PCM on your enrollment form, we will select one for you.
You may have to enroll at a military hospital or clinic if you live within the facility's enrollment area.
If you don’t have to enroll at a military hospital or clinic, you can select a network provider as your PCM.
Step 2: Complete the Enrollment Application
- Enroll all family members on one enrollment form
- Send enrollment fees (if applicable) with your enrollment form
- If you have questions or if you have special circumstances, call your regional contractor first to discuss your options.
- These enrollment options are for new enrollments, Open Season enrollments, and Qualifying Life Event enrollments.
Go to the milConnect website and click on the “Benefits” tab, and then click on “Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE)”
Call your regional contractor:
|Mail or Fax||
Mail your enrollment form to your regional contractor. The address is on the form.
* You can only enroll online if you live in a Prime Service Area. You need a Common Access Card (CAC), DFAS (MyPay) Account, or a DoD Self-Service Logon to log in to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
Step 3: Get Started with TRICARE Prime
You'll be notified by your regional contractor when your enrollment is processed. Once enrolled, you can log in to milConnect to download your enrollment card and get your PCM’s name and telephone number.
You will need to re-enroll and begin paying annual enrollment fees to continue coverage. >>Learn More about Retiring
To download an enrollment form, right-click and select to "save-as" or download direct from the WHS Forms Page. For enrollment, use your region-specific DD-3043 form.
Last Updated 9/21/2022