Medical Claims

TRICARE DoD/CHAMPUS Claim Form-Patient's Request for Medical Payment (DD Form 2642)

In most cases your provider will file the claim and you'll get an explanation of benefits showing what was paid. Sometimes, you'll need to file your own claims (i.e. when traveling or getting care from a non-participating provider).

Send the claim form and supporting documents:

  • To the appropriate claims address
  • Within the specified deadlines:
    • U.S. and U.S. Territories—One year of service
    • In all other overseas areas—Three years of service

Statement of Personal Injury-Possible Third Party Liability (DD Form 2527)

You'll need to use this form when you submit claims for an injury or illness caused by a third party:

  • Diagnosis codes 800-999
  • Professional services exceeding $500
  • All inpatient services
Accessing DD Forms
Due to security settings, you may have to right-click and select "Save As" to download certain DD Forms.

Last Updated 8/13/2020