DHA Appointing Portal
You can now use the DHA Appointing Portal (DAP), an online scheduling tool, to book and manage your Department of Defense (DoD) vaccination site appointments. This includes your:
- COVID-19 – Initial dose
- COVID-19 – Second dose
- COVID-19 – Additional dose
- Annual flu vaccine
Not all vaccination sites are using DAP, and not all vaccination sites offer all vaccine options. Check to see if your location is using DAP on the COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments page. After you choose your state and site location in the DAP, you can read what vaccine options are available to you. You can schedule and cancel your appointment, if necessary.
You don’t have to be enrolled to a military hospital or clinic to use the DAP. You also don’t need an account or Common Access Card (CAC) to make a vaccine appointment.
What information do I need to book an appointment?
To book an appointment, you’ll enter your:
- First and last name
- Department of Defense ID number. (Active duty service members can find it on the back of your military-CAC and on the front of family member and retiree ID cards.)
- Phone number
- Desired vaccine date
- The name and date of the vaccine manufacturer of your previous vaccine (for COVID-19, if applicable). You may need to answer additional questions to confirm your eligibility.
How can I confirm my appointment?
- After booking your COVID-19 vaccine, the DAP website will confirm that your appointment was made successfully.
- Contact your local military hospital, clinic or vaccination site to learn more about their COVID-19 or flu vaccination process.
Most military hospitals and clinics are distributing at-home COVID-19 tests to any eligible TRICARE beneficiaries. Contact your nearest military hospital or clinic about availability. >>Learn more
The federal government is offering free at-home COVID-19 tests. >>Learn more
Last Updated 4/28/2022