TRICARE covers physicals:
- When required for school enrollment.
- For overseas travel for active duty family members when:
- The family member is accompanying an active duty service member on assignment and
- Travel is because of orders from a uniformed service.
TRICARE doesn’t cover annual sports physicals.
But, TRICARE does cover:
- Well-Child exams for all children ages birth to 6 years (through age 5)
- Annual Well Woman exams
- Annual Health Promotion & Disease Prevention exams for all Prime beneficiaries
- Health Promotion & Disease Prevention exams for all other beneficiaries when given in connection with a covered cancer screening or covered immunization
- Many other preventive services >>Learn More about Preventive Services
This list of covered services is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers services that are medically necessaryTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition. and considered proven. There are special rules or limits on certain services, and some services are excluded.
Last Updated 6/28/2019