After your baby is born, he or she is covered separately. TRICARE offers well-child care for children under age 6 (from birth through age 5), which includes:
- Circumcision (before leaving hospital)
- Routine newborn care
- Comprehensive health promotion and disease prevention examinations
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Height, weight and head circumference
- Developmental/behavioral appraisal
You'll schedule your newborn's first well-child appointment before you leave the hospital.
This list of covered services is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers services that are medically necessaryTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition. and considered proven. There are special rules or limits on certain services, and some services are excluded.
Last Updated 3/20/2022