Intensive Outpatient ProgramTRICARE covers Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs).
You may qualify for an IOP if you:
- Have a psychiatric or substance use disorder
- Don’t need to be in a hospital full-time
- Need stabilization, symptom reduction, or prevention of relapse
- Need treatment for partially stabilized mental health disorders
- Need a higher level of care than you're currently receiving in outpatient care
- Are transitioning from an:
- Inpatient program
- Psychiatric residential treatment center
- Partial hospitalization
- Regular outpatient services
Several telehealth services are available to TRICARE beneficiaries seeking mental health and substance use disorders treatments.
Some of these services include: Intensive Outpatient Programs, Medication Assisted Treatment, Opioid Treatment Programs, psychotherapy, crisis management, family therapy, group therapy, medication management, and occupational therapy. >> Learn more
Last Updated 6/18/2020