Intensive Outpatient Program
|Covered by TRICARE?||Limits|
TRICARE covers Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs).
You may qualify for an IOP if you:
- Have a psychiatric or substance use disorder
- Don’t need to be in a hospital full-time
- Need stabilization, symptom reduction, or prevention of relapse
- Need treatment for partially stabilized mental health disorders
- Need a higher level of care than currently receiving in outpatient care
- Are transitioning from an:
- Inpatient program
- Psychiatric residential treatment center
- Partial hospitalization
- Regular outpatient services
You don’t need to get prior authorization.