Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine
TRICARE covers the HPV vaccine for males and females as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Getting the Vaccine from TRICARE Authorized Providers
You can get covered vaccines from any TRICARE authorized provider.
- If enrolled in a Prime option and want to get the vaccine from a non-network provider, you must have a referral and authorization to avoid paying point-of-service fees.
- If you get the vaccine from your provider, you may have to pay copayments or cost-shares for the office visit or other services received during the office visit.
Getting the Vaccine at a Network Pharmacy
You can get the HPV vaccine at participating network pharmacies at no cost. Not every pharmacy is able to administer the HPV vaccine. Call first to make sure if the pharmacy:
- participates in the vaccine program,
- has the vaccine in stock, and
- can administer the vaccine.
To find a participating network pharmacy, call Express Scripts at 1-877-363-1303 or search online.
TRICARE coverage for vaccines is based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Visit the CDC website to learn more.
This list of covered services is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers services that are medically necessaryClick to closeTo be medically necessary means it is appropriate, reasonable, and adequate for your condition. and considered proven. There are special rules or limits on certain services, and some services are excluded.
Last Updated 5/29/2019