Benefits for Injured Service Members

Were you injured while you were on active duty?
If so, you’re eligible for health care services beyond your basic TRICARE coverage. This includes National Guard and Reserve members.

You'll pay nothing out of pocket.  There is no benefit cap.

These benefits include:

  • Diagnosis
  • Home health care supplies and services
  • Training and special education
  • Assistive technology devices
  • Rehabilitation
  • Customized hand crank bikes
  • Institutional care in private non-profit, public, and state facilities
  • Transportation to and from the facilities above if you need it
  • Custodial care in conjunction with authorized home health services
  • Respite care for your primary caregiver
  • Some reproductive services may be available

You may also qualify for compensation and benefits from other federal agencies.  The Wounded, Ill and injured Compensation and Benefits Handbook has information about:

  • Recovery resources
  • Medical care
  • Pay and allowances
  • Disability Evaluation System
  • Compensation and benefits
  • Reintegration into civilian life

When you receive care from a Veterans Affairs (VA) facility for a service-connected condition, you must receive health care benefits under the VA program.

Have you deployed to Southwest Asia, Afghanistan, or Djibouti?

Do you have concerns about exposure to burn pits or other airborne hazards? You can find information about the Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry at >>Learn More

Do you need services that aren't listed here?

If your case manager feels you need services or supplies that aren't described here or that aren't currently covered by TRICARE, a request may be submitted to the Director, Defense Health Agency (or their designee) for authorization of payment.

Last Updated 5/9/2022