What is Secure Messaging?
Secure messaging lets you talk privately with your doctor or the medical staff via email. With secure messaging, you can:
- Ask questions and get non-emergency health care advice
- Request appointments and referrals
- Ask your doctor to renew your prescriptions
- Request copies of labs and other test results
- Find health education information about a variety of topics including links to doctor-recommended information and sites
Most military hospitals and clinics offer secure messaging, but not all providers and health care teams participate.
- Contact your military hospital or clinic to see if your provider is online
- Once registered, log in to the MHS GENESIS
- Click on "Secure Messaging"
- Begin sending secure emails to your health care team
Last Updated 12/5/2023