- Are usually self-administered, high cost, injectable, or oral drugs
- Can require clinical training to administer
- Treat chronic conditions (e.g., cancer, multiple scleroses, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis C)
- May need special storage and handling
- Aren’t available from many retail pharmacies
If you have a prescription for a specialty drug on the specialty drug list, you must get it filled through:
- An in-network retail pharmacy. This includes Accredo, the primary retail specialty pharmacy for TRICARE.
- TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
- A military pharmacy. You can check with your local military pharmacy to see if they stock your drug and if so, how to switch.
Home Delivery for Specialty Drugs
Express Scripts has always offered a way to get your specialty drugs through home delivery. This free, voluntary service gives you access to the following:
- Get expert advice from nurses, pharmacists, and social workers specializing in complex disease states
- Nurses are available Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-9:00 pm Eastern Time
- Pharmacists are available 24/7
- Talk to specialty patient care advocates who can answer questions and process your drug requests
- Schedule delivery of your specialty drugs to your home or office
- Set refill reminders
To learn more, please visit the Express Scripts Specialty Drugs page.
Do you fill your specialty drugs through TRICARE Home Delivery?Starting March 1, 2024, you may start to receive expanded specialty pharmacy services from Accredo. Accredo is an accredited specialty pharmacy that serves patients with complex and chronic health conditions. >>Learn more
Last Updated 2/1/2024