|Covered by TRICARE?||Limits|
TRICARE covers annual mammograms for:
- All women age 40 or older
- Women age 30 or older who are at a 15% or greater lifetime risk of developing breast cancer
What do you consider “at high risk?”
We consider you at high risk if you have:
- A lifetime risk of breast cancer of 15% or more using standard risk assessment models.
- A history of breast cancer, Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS), Lobular Carcinoma In Situ (LCIS), Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia (ADH), or Atypical Lobular Hyperplasia (ALH).
- A known BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mutation.
- A parent, child or sibling with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mutation and haven’t had genetic testing themselves.
- Radiation therapy to the chest between the ages of 10 and 30.
- A history of Li-Fraumeni, Cowden or Bannayan-Riley-Ruvalcaba syndrome, or a parent, child or sibling with a history of one of these syndromes.