Provisional Coverage Program
The Provisional Coverage Program covers some services and supplies.
What do I need to know about the Provisional Coverage Program?
- We require pre-authorization for all services and supplies in the program. It doesn't matter which TRICARE plan you're using.
- Provisional coverage for any approved service or supply can last up to five years.
- Provisional coverage for any approved service or supply may end before five years. We'll give timely notification of when it will end.
- We'll determine if the service or supply becomes a permanent TRICARE benefit. We'll do this before the five year provisional coverage period ends.
Currently Approved for Provisional Coverage
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections (Effective Oct. 1, 2019 through Sept. 30, 2024)
TRICARE may cover PRP injections if you're diagnosed with:
- Mild to moderate chronic osteoarthritis of the knee
- Lateral epicondylitis, also known as "tennis elbow"
However, you must meet additional certain criteria for coverage. Call your regional contractor for more information.
Last Updated 11/5/2019