Newborn and Well-Baby Care
TRICARE covers well-child care for your newborn from birth through age 5. This includes:
- Circumcision before leaving hospital
- Routine newborn care
- Comprehensive health promotion and disease prevention exams
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Height, weight, and head circumference
- Developmental and behavioral assessment
You'll make your newborn's first well-child appointment before you leave the hospital.
Register your child in DEERS, choose a TRICARE plan, and enroll (if required). >>Learn More
You’ll be covered by TRICARE for all pregnancy care before, during and after childbirth. But, because newborns are covered separately, your baby will not be covered by TRICARE unless your sponsor (your Mom or Dad) adopts the child.
Last Updated 12/29/2014