Mental Health Care
Mental health disorders include:
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Or other mental health illnesses.
>>Visit the Mental Health Appointments page for information on setting up an appointment based on your TRICARE Plan.
Mental health problems can affect your thoughts, mood, and behavior.
- If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text 988 or chat at 988Lifeline.org. 988 connects you with a trained crisis counselor who can help.
- If you or a family member needs help, call a crisis hotline now!
- If you're not sure, call the Nurse Advice Line.
Learn about TRICARE's mental health coverage.
- Emergency & Non-emergency Mental Health Care
- Covered Treatments
- Mental Health Costs
- Substance Use Disorder
>> Learn more about mental health at your Military Hospital or Clinic.
Read the below articles for more information.
- Seeking Clinical Mental Health Services? Learn What TRICARE Covers
- Let’s Talk: Youth, Mental Health, and TRICARE
- 5 Health Care Checkups for Your Child Before School Starts
- Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Resources Provide Help: You Are Not Alone
Last Updated 11/3/2023