Find/Change My Primary Care Manager
What is a primary care manager (PCM)?
All Prime enrollees select or are assigned a PCM. The PCM is responsible for providing you all routine, non-emergency, and urgent health care.
- If they aren't able to provide you care, they will refer you to a specialist.
- Your PCM can be a military or network provider.
- They accept your copaymentA fixed dollar amount you may pay for a covered health care service or drug. and file claims for you.
If you don't get a referral from your PCM, your care will be under the point-of-service (POS) option. By using the POS option, you will pay higher out-of-pocket-costs. The POS option has its own deductible which doesn't count toward your annual catastrophic cap.
You may request to change your PCM at any time. Your request:
- Must comply with guidelines at the local military hospital or clinic.
- May take up to 6 days to confirm.
- If you're enrolled in the US Family Health Plan (USFHP), you'll have a primary care provider (PCP). A PCP is the same as a PCM. USFHP members can't enroll to a military hospital or clinic, and don't see military PCMs.
Find a New PCM
Search your region's provider directory to find a new PCM near you. Call first to see if they are accepting new patients.
Change Your PCM
1. Call your Regional Contractor or Designated Provider (USFHP members)
- East: Humana Military (1-800-444-5445)
- West: Health Net (1-844-866-9378)
- Brighton Marine Health Center (1-800-818-8589)
- CHRISTUS Health (1-800-678-7347)
- Johns Hopkins Medicine (1-800-808-7347)
- Martin's Point Health Care (1-888-674-8734)
- Pacific Medical Centers (1-866-418-7346)
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers (1-800-241-4848)
- Go to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) portal on the milConnect website.
- Click on the red "Log On" button at the top of the page
- Click on the "Change Primary Care Manager" button in the Actions Menu
3. In the Mail
Mail a TRICARE Prime Enrollment, Disenrollment and PCM Change Form to your regional contractor with the new PCM's name and address (mailing address is found on Page 3 of the form). You only need to complete the part of the form related to the PCM change.
The change is effective when your regional contractor processes the PCM change. You may request a letter with your new PCM's name and telephone number. Write this information on the back of your enrollment card.
Last Updated 3/23/2021