When using TRICARE For Life in the U.S. and U.S. Territories, you may visit any participating or non-participating Medicare provider. To find a Medicare provider:
- Search the Medicare Provider Directory
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)
Providers Who Opt Out of Medicare
Providers who opt-out of Medicare enter into private contracts with beneficiaries.
- Medicare doesn't pay for services you receive from opt-out providers.
- TRICARE pays the amount that would have been paid had Medicare processed the claim.
- You may be responsible for about 80% of the cost for the care.
In cases where your access to medical care is limited (i.e., under-served areas), TRICARE may pay the claim as the primary payer.
When using TRICARE For Life, you can get care at a military hospital or clinic, but only on a space-available basis. >>Find a Military Hospital or Clinic
Last Updated 3/2/2016