Types of Military Facilities
Military hospitals and clinics are:
- The core of the Military Health System
- Found at military installations around the world
- Referred to as direct careIt's care you get at military hospitals and clinics. To learn more visit the Military Hospitals and Clinics page. Some individuals may get direct care only when space is available., military treatment facilities, or MTFs
To find a Military Hospital or Clinic:
Defense Health Networks
Military hospitals and clinics are organized into one of nine Defense Health Networks. >>Learn More.
Information about Quality, Patient Safety, and Access
We are committed to making it easy for you to find information on how our health system is performing. You can see for yourself how well we are doing.
- Visit MHS Quality Patient Safety and Access Information to learn how we measure our performance.
- On this site, you'll find data files showing how we score on industry standard measures for patient safety, healthcare outcomes, quality of care, and patient satisfaction and access to care.
Last Updated 10/3/2023