Epidemiological and Disease Control (EDC)
The Epidemiology and Disease Control (EDC) clinic's mission is to reduce morbidity and mortality due to communicable disease threats and environmental hazards through surveillance, early detection, treatment, counseling, education, immunization, and outreach activities.
Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Screening and Treatment
- Education, counseling, tracking and reporting for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Information on STIs and prevention
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Program
- HIV notifications, counseling and treatment planning for individuals with HIV.
- Information on HIV and prevention
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Clinic for HIV Prevention (PrEP Clinic)
- Education and counseling for HIV prevention, risk factor analysis for HIV and evaluation for HIV prophylaxis with Truvada (PrEP).
- Information on PrEP to prevent HIV in HIGH RISK individuals
Heat and Cold Injury Evaluation, Profiling and Reporting
- Evaluation and reporting of heat and cold related reportable illnesses; profiling and following Soldiers to ensure they are able to RTD without limitations.
- Information about Heat Illnesses or Cold Injuries
Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI), Evaluation and Treatment
- Counseling and medication offered to those who have been diagnosed with latent tuberculosis infection. Assistance with contact evaluation for cases of active tuberculosis is also available.
- Information about LTBI
Food-borne, Vector-borne, Communicable Disease Surveillance
- Education and counseling on diseases of public health importance; investigations of communicable disease outbreaks.
- Information about Zika Virus, Vector-borne, or Food-borne illnesses
Armed Forces Reportable Medical Events
Reporting of all reportable medical events to include sexually transmitted infections, environmental illnesses, and all other communicable infections to the Army Disease Reporting System internet and the State of North Carolina as required.
How do I get tested for sexually transmitted infections on Fort Bragg?
EDC clinic is responsible for tracking all reportable sexually transmitted infections.
Service members and beneficiaries may be screened for STIs at primary care appointments or the EDC clinic. Service members can also be screened for STIs at sick call. EDC clinic screens patients by appointment.
We encourage healthy lifestyles and habits in support of public health.
You also may be interested in...
Publication 10/8/2019 Fort Bragg Public Health Newsletter Issue 3 (859KB .PDF)
Last Updated 10/28/2019