Request Archived Medical Records
Military hospitals and clinics normally send your medical record to a central depository two years after your last visit. You or your local military facility can legally request copies of these records.
To get copies of archived records send a request with the following information:
- Your full name and Social Security number
- Sponsor's full name and Social Security number
- Place and date of your last treatment
Depending on who you are, follow the steps below. For more information, visit the National Archives website.
Veterans and Next-of-kin of a Deceased Veteran
Active Duty Family Members, Retirees and their Family Members, Former Active Duty Family Members
- Download the National Archives (NA) Form 13042
- Follow the instructions to submit your request
Last Updated 11/27/2018