Skip to main content
TRICARE Transition Challenges in the West Region
We are aware of the customer service issues our patients are experiencing in the West Region. Learn more about how we are fixing these issues, including waiving our usual authorization process through March 18.

TRICARE logo Go to TRICARE home


Application for Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment (DD Form 1172-2)

This form is used to register in the DEERS database and apply for a uniformed serivce identification card or Common Access Card. Sponsors will usually complete this form for themselves and their dependents, but family members may submit the form with a valid Power of Attorney.

Application for a Social Security Card (SS-5-FS)

This form is used if you have never had a number before or need a duplicate or corrected card. Use this form if you are living outside the United States or are applying for a number or card on behalf of a child who is living outside the United States.

Last Updated 9/5/2017