Before You Travel
If you are planning to travel, use the checklist below just in case you need care when you're traveling. Remember, if you do get care, save your health care receipts in case you need to file a claim.
Update Your Personal Information
Make sure your (and your family's) info is current in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting SystemClick to close(DEERS) A database of information on uniformed services members (sponsors), U.S.-sponsored foreign military, DoD and uniformed services civilians, other personnel as directed by the DoD, and their family members. You need to register in DEERS to get TRICARE. (DEERS).
- Log into MilConnect
- Call 1-800-538-9552 (TTY/TDD: 1-866-363-2883)
Get Prescriptions Filled or Refilled
- Pack prescription medications in your carry-on luggage.
- Find a network pharmacy where you're traveling (just in case)
Pack a List of Phone Numbers
- Nurse Advice Line: 1-800-TRICARE, Option 1
- View the list of TRICARE toll-free numbers
- Download the TRICARE Contact Information Wallet Card
Check with Your Dental Plan
If using one of TRICARE's dental plans, see what you need to do in case you need dental care when traveling:
Mosquito bites are bothersome enough, but when you consider risks, like getting sick with Zika, dengue, chikungunya or other mosquito-borne illness, its important to protect yourself and your family when traveling overseas. >>Learn More
Last Updated 1/11/2017