Other Overseas Areas
If you're traveling to another overseas area (not a U.S. Territory), your options for filling prescriptions are limited. Network pharmacies are not available.
TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
To use home delivery, your prescription must be from a U.S.-licensed provider and you must have an APO or FPO address.
- Home delivery to APO/FPO addresses is subject to local laws.
- There is a chance that prescriptions may be seized by local nation customs authorities.
- If your prescriptions are seized, contact Express Scripts at 1-877-363-1303 or look up a country-specific toll-free number to discuss other ways to get your prescription filled.
- The home delivery option is not available in Germany.
- Drugs that require refrigeration can't be shipped to an APO or FPO address.
If you're using home delivery outside of the U.S. or U.S. Territories, you should consider filling your prescriptions at a military pharmacy or a local overseas pharmacy to avoid problems.
You can get your prescriptions filled at military pharmacies for free.
- Military pharmacies are usually at a military hospital or clinic.
- Some military bases have free-standing pharmacies located elsewhere on the base.
If you have a prescription from an overseas provider, you can get the prescription filled at a military pharmacy. But there are some limits:
- The prescription must be from an authorized, licensed health care provider.
- Military pharmacies stock drugs on the Basic Core Formulary
- You can receive up to a 90-day supply for most drugs
- Call first to see if your prescription can be filled.
Host Nation Pharmacies
Overseas pharmacies are considered to be non-network pharmacies, but in some cases, an overseas pharmacy may be your only option. You may have to pay for the total amount first and then file a claim for reimbursement.
- Active duty service members will receive a full reimbursement
- Active duty family members enrolled in TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas will receive a full reimbursement with prior authorization to use an overseas pharmacy
- All others will receive a partial reimbursement
Host Nation Pharmacies in the Philippines
If you have prescriptions filled in the Philippines, you must get them from a TRICARE-certified pharmacy. To ensure your pharmacy claim will be reimbursed, be sure to select a pharmacy from the Philippines Certified Provider List.
You must have your prescriptions filled at a TRICARE-certified pharmacy
If you have a prescription filled at a non-network pharmacy, point-of-service fees will apply.
Last Updated 6/4/2019