Make Enrolling in TRICARE Easy With Beneficiary Web Enrollment
Knowing how to enroll in TRICARE health and dental plans is important for you and your family. And having the most up-to-date information about enrollment will help you to receive timely coverage and care. If you’re eligible for TRICARE, you can enroll in a health or dental plan by phone, by mail, online, or in person if overseas. However, online enrollment may be the easiest and most convenient way for you and your family. To enroll in TRICARE online, you must use the Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) portal on the milConnect website.
How to Access Beneficiary Web Enrollment
You have a few options for accessing BWE. To get started, you must first log in to BWE via milConnect with one of the following:
- Common Access Card (CAC)
- Department of Defense Self-Service Logon (DS Logon)
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service myPay Pin (DFAS Pin)
How to Enroll in a TRICARE Plan With Beneficiary Web Enrollment
On the TRICARE website, you can review the list of health plans and dental plans you can enroll in or purchase using BWE. If you’re unsure of what TRICARE plans you or family members are eligible for, use the “TRICARE Plan Finder” tool. To enroll in a TRICARE plan online, follow these steps:
- Log in to milConnect (using the options above—CAC, DS Logon, or DFAS Pin).
- Click on the “Benefits” tab at the top of the page.
- Select “Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE)” from the menu.
- Click on the “Medical” or “Dental” tab.
What Else You Can Do With Beneficiary Web Enrollment
In addition to enrolling yourself and eligible family members in TRICARE, other features on BWE allow you to:
- View current enrollment status
- Update a current enrollment
- Update personal contact information, such as address, phone number, and email in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
- Transfer coverage between TRICARE regions if needed when an address changes
- Choose or change your primary care manager
- Disenroll from medical and dental programs
- Add information about other health insuranceClick to closeHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance." to your DEERS record
Last Updated 9/26/2019