Last Day: TRICARE, FEDVIP Open Season for 2019 Coverage Ends Today
Today is the last day of open season. Do you want to make changes to your TRICARE health plan? Do you want to enroll in a dental or vision plan with the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP)? If so and you’re eligible to do so, the TRICARE Open Season for TRICARE Prime and TRICARE Select plans, and the Federal Benefits Open Season for FEDVIP, both end at 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, Dec. 10. Your new coverage will start on Jan. 1, 2019.
TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select
- If you want to switch plans or change your enrollment, like switching from family to individual, take action now at www.tricare.mil/openseason.
- If you’re not in a TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select plan and you want to enroll in one, take action now at www.tricare.mil/openseason.
- If don’t want to switch plans, you don’t need to take any action. If you make no changes to your current TRICARE health plan, you’ll remain in your plan next year.
Retiree Dental Coverage with FEDVIP
- If you want FEDVIP dental coverage, take action now and enroll in a FEDVIP plan at www.benefeds.com.
- Don't forget! The TRICARE Retiree Dental Program, provided by Delta Dental, ends on Dec. 31, 2018. There’s no automatic enrollment in a FEDVIP dental plan for 2019.
Vision Coverage with FEDVIP
- If you want to enroll in a FEVIP vision plan, take action now at www.benefeds.com.
- Retirees, retiree family members, and active duty family members enrolled in a TRICARE health plan may qualify to purchase vision coverage through FEDVIP.
The open season deadline is today for 2019 coverage! Take command of your health care, and make sure you and your family have the coverage you want in 2019.
Last Updated 6/23/2020