The overseas region is divided into three geographic areas supported by TRICARE Area Offices (TAOs) and a single overseas contractor, International SOS.
- The Eurasia-Africa area includes the European and African continents, all Middle Eastern countries, Pakistan, Russia and several former Soviet Republics including the Baltic States, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.
- The Latin America and Canada area includes Central and South America, the Caribbean Basin, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
- The Pacific area includes Guam, Japan, Korea, Asia, New Zealand, India and Western Pacific remote countries.
Health Plan Options
The following health plan options are available overseas. Each plan has it's own eligibility and enrollment requirements. Please click on the links below to learn more about each:
Pharmacy and Dental Options
The TRICARE Pharmacy Program is available overseas, however, both the home delivery (mail order) and retail network pharmacy options are limited. Learn more about filling prescriptions overseas.
Both the TRICARE Dental Program and TRICARE Retiree Dental Program offer dental benefits overseas. Active duty service members will receive dental benefits through military dental treatment facilities and the overseas contractor.
International SOS is the TRICARE Overseas Program contractor and provides the assistance you need for enrollment, claims, finding a provider, authorization and much more.
Register online for access to secure functions on the TRICARE Overseas Program Web site, including:
- Eligibility query
- Other health insurance status/update
- Claim status
- Deductible/Out-of-pocket expense
- Contact Customer Service
- Explanation of Benefits
TRICARE Overseas Program Points of Contact
The Point of Contact Program is a liaison service that provides assistance to beneficiaries and host nation providers in remote overseas locations with filing overseas health care and dental claims to ensure timely overseas claims filing and payment and continued beneficiary access to quality host nation health care. If you do not know the name of your overseas point of contact, contact a local TRICARE Service Center for assistance.
Patient Liaison Services
Most military hospitals and clinics overseas are staffed with patient liaisons that can help you navigate the host-nation health care system with ease. Patient liaisons speak fluent English, as well as the host-nation language and are skilled at handling host-nation medical system procedures.