No Change to Current Retail Pharmacy Network for TRICARE Beneficiaries
Express Scripts has determined it will maintain the same robust retail pharmacy network of more than 57,000 pharmacies available to TRICARE beneficiaries. Walgreens left the TRICARE retail pharmacy network when their contract with Express Scripts expired on December 31, 2011. On July 19, 2012, Express Scripts and Walgreens announced a new network agreement on July 19, 2012. However, in line with TRICARE Management Activity's commitment to the efficient management of the TRICARE Pharmacy benefit, Walgreens will remain designated as a non-network pharmacy provider for TRICARE beneficiaries.
TRICARE offers several options to meet your prescription needs.
- Located on military installations worldwide
- No cost; but call first to see if the prescription can be filled
- Find a Military Pharmacy
TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
TRICARE Network Pharmacies
- 56,000 other TRICARE network pharmacies in the U.S. and U.S. Territories
- Take your Walgreens prescription bottle to any network pharmacy to transfer your prescription
- Find a Network Pharmacy
- You can also fill prescriptions at non-network pharmacies, including Walgreens, but the out-of-pocket costs are higher.
- You will need to pay the full prescription cost upfront and submit your claims for reimbursement.
- Learn More about Prescription Costs
For More Information
For information and to find a nearby network pharmacy please visit Express Scripts online at www.express-scripts.com/TRICARE or call 1-877-885-6313.