TRICARE Retired Reserve (TRR)
TRICARE Retired Reserve (TRR) is a premium-based health plan for qualified retired Reserve members, their families and survivors.
- Retired Reserve members who are:
- Members of the retired Reserve of a Reserve Component who are qualified for non-regular retirement under 10 U.S.C., Chapter 1223
- Under age 60
- Not eligible for, or enrolled in, the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program
- Family members of qualified Retired Reserve members
- Survivors of retired Reserve members if:
- The sponsor was covered by TRICARE Retired Reserve when he or she died.
- They are immediate family members of the deceased sponsor (spouses cannot have remarried).
- TRICARE Retired Reserve coverage would begin before the date the deceased sponsor would have turned 60 years old.
Note: Survivor coverage is not affected by FEHB eligibility
TRICARE Retired Reserve provides comprehensive health coverage including:
- Emergency Care
- Outpatient Visits
- Preventive Care (wellness exams, immunizations, etc.)
- Maternity Care
- Mental/Behavioral health
>>View a list of Covered Services
Schedule an appointment with any TRICARE-authorized provider, network or non-network. You will never need a referral for any type of care (routine, urgent or specialty) but you may need to have prior authorization from your regional contractor for some types of services.
- If you visit a non-network provider, you'll pay more out of pocket (5%) and may have to file your own health care claims.
- If you visit a network provider, you'll pay less out of pocket and the provider will file health care claims on your behalf.
You are required to pay the monthly premiums and cost shares if you decide to purchase TRICARE Retired Reserve. >>Learn More
Is TRICARE Retired Reserve Right for You?
TRICARE Retired Reserve may be the right option for you and your family if you qualify. The plan provides comprehensive health care coverage upon your retirement and you do not have to wait until you reach age 60 and begin drawing retired pay to purchase the plan. Plus, because you can see any provider, you don't have to change providers if you already have one.
Purchasing TRICARE Retired Reserve is a two-step process that you must complete online via the DMDC Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application.
To log into the DMDC Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application, you must have one of the following:
The DS Logon Premium (Level 2) account is given to a user who has registered using their CAC, DFAS myPay Login ID, or has a DS Logon Basic Account. Sign up or view information regarding a DS Logon.
If you do not qualify, you will not be able to complete or print the form. Please contact your National Guard or Reserve personnel office for assistance. If you experience a technical problem, call 1-800-477-8227 for assistance.
>>Learn More about Purchasing TRICARE Retired Reserve
Need help with the DMDC Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application?
For technical assistance or to report system problems with the site, please call the DMDC Support Center at 1-800-477-8227.