Transitioning from TRICARE to Veterans' Affairs
Service members often receive care for line of duty injuries at Veterans' Affairs (VA) facilities. The VA has placed benefit counselors and liaisons at military hospitals that frequently care for severely injured service members. VA staff members at military hospitals help service members and their families get VA services, coordinate health care and facilitate discharge planning.
The following military hospitals have VA staff onsite:
- Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX
- Darnell Army Community Hospital, Ft. Hood, TX
- Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Ft. Gordon, Augusta, GA
- Evans Army Community Hospital, Ft. Carson, CO
- Madigan Army Medical Center, Ft. Lewis, Tacoma, WA
- Naval Hospital, Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, CA
- Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- Womack Army Medical Center, Ft. Bragg, NC
- Walter Reed Army National Medical Center, Washington, D.C.