The TRICARE Management Activity Military Medical Support Office directly supports the provision of medical care to remotely located Active Duty
and Reserve Component service members within the 50 United States and District of Columbia through TRICARE Prime Remote and the
Supplemental Health Care Program
What We Do
- Pre-authorization for civilian medical care
- Authorizations for payment of civilian medical claims
- Coordinates civilian health care services for remotely located service members
- Collaborates with unit representatives regarding line-of duty (LOD)
care for remotely located service members
MMSO serves the following population:
- Active Duty Service Members enrolled in TRICARE Prime Remote (TPR)
- Non-enrolled ADSMs not managed by a Military Treatment Facility (MTF)
- Reserve Component service members in remote areas with Service approved Line of Duty (LOD) injuries, illnesses or diseases
for a complete process guide to assist with commonly used MMSO services or processes.
Service members receiving treatment for line of duty conditions will not show as eligible
for care in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). To verify
eligibility, contact the service member's unit administrator or medical representative.
All claims for line of duty medical care should be submitted to the Managed Care Support
Contractor serving the area in which the member lives.
Active Duty Dental Program (ADDP)
The TRICARE Remote Dental Program previously administered by MMSO has been transitioned
to the new Active Duty Dental Program (ADDP) administered by United Concordia
Companies, Inc. (United Concordia).
All pre-authorization requests and dental care claims must be submitted to United Concordia.
Questions regarding dental care should be directed to United Concordia
at 1-866-984-ADDP (1-866-984-2337) or