About the Beneficiary Education and Support Division
Ensure TRICARE beneficiaries have access to necessary information to make appropriate health care decisions.
A world-class beneficiary education and support system that integrates all TRICARE
beneficiary education and outreach efforts resulting in clear, consistent, timely
and accurate information delivery when, where and how beneficiaries and other stakeholders
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with DoD, Health Affairs, Services, DHA Regional Offices and contractor partners to ensure consistent TRICARE information.
- Develop evidence based, targeted tactics and tools that integrate:
- Comprehensive planning
- Traditional and social media
- Leadership briefing support
- Targeted, timely and consistent beneficiary Web pages and content
- Annual BE&S training conference
- Correspondence to beneficiaries, DoD leaders, and members of Congress
- TRICARE training for Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinators (BCACs),
Health Benefit Advisors, Family Support Groups, the Reserve Components and others
who interact with beneficiaries
- Outreach to special interest groups such as Beneficiary Coalition & National
- Consistent response to beneficiary questions/concerns by call center staffs, customer
service representatives, BCACs, etc.
- International suite of education materials in print and online
BE&S Mission in Support of the Quadruple Aim & Health Literacy
- Population Health
- Benefit education
- Counter-marketing and healthy living
- Experience of Care
- Customer service support and benefit education
- Multiple formats and locations, plain language
- Per Capita Cost
- Educate beneficiaries on “using benefits wisely”
- Cost-efficient services such as Home Delivery
- Access care in appropriate venues
- Responsibly manage internal resources
- All in support of Readiness
BE&S comprises the following branches:
Benefit Information & Outreach
The Benefit Information & Outreach Branch ensures health literacy of a widely-diverse
beneficiary population and other stakeholders by delivering content via diverse
vehicles such as traditional and social media, educational Web videos and podcasts,
and external outreach. This branch works in partnership with Health Affairs, the
Services and OSD communicators and contractor partners to ensure consistent and
unified TRICARE benefit information. Visit the TRICARE Media Center for a full scope of Benefit Information
& Outreach products.
Customer Service Support
The Customer Service Support Branch integrates TRICARE customer service across the
Military Health System, regional offices, contractor partners and others to ensure
delivery of clear, timely, and accurate TRICARE information by government and contractor
customer service representatives to beneficiaries and other interested parties.
The Beneficiary Publications Branch develops and delivers clear, timely, and accurate
TRICARE educational materials to all eligible TRICARE beneficiaries via contractor
partners, worldwide customer service personnel, and the TRICARE Website. The branch
also maintains and protects TRICARE branding for credibility and recognition.
Printing Support & Resources
The Printing Support & Resources Branch provides cost-effective printing services for beneficiary educational materials and other DHA program offices. This branch also ensures contract and budgetary resources meet the needs of the organization and audience.
Plans & Analysis
The Plans & Analysis Branch performs formative beneficiary information/education
planning and data analysis to help beneficiaries understand their TRICARE benefit.
This branch also safeguards TRICARE trademarks to eliminate beneficiary ambiguity.
Beneficiary Web Services
The Beneficiary Web Services Branch provides clear, timely, accurate and targeted
TRICARE information to 9.7 million uniformed service members, retirees and their
families via a user-friendly, dedicated TRICARE Beneficiary Website. This branch also manages the
DHA Corporate Website
to inform and educate health care industry, Services, beneficiaries and other Stakeholders
about the programs, activities and responsibilities of DHA and all other subpages
>>View BE&S Overview Presentation