TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas is a managed care option in designated remote overseas locations:
TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas meets or exceeds the requirements for minimum essential coverageThe Affordable Care Act requires you to maintain basic health care coverage—called minimum essential coverage. If you don't have minimum essential coverage, you may have to pay a fee for each month you aren’t covered. under the Affordable Care Act.
Who Can Participate?
The following beneficiaries may enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas:
- Active duty service members
- Command-sponsored active duty family members
- Activated National Guard/Reserve members
- Command-sponsored family members of activated National Guard/Reserve members
Retirees and their families can't enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas.
How it Works
You get most care from an assigned primary care manager (PCM). Your PCM rerfers you to specialists for care he or she can't provide and works with International SOS for authorization when needed.
What You Pay
- No enrollment fees
- No copayments for any type of care as long as care is received from your PCM or with a referral
- Care received without a referral is subject to point-of-service fees
Overseas Point of Contact Program
When you enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas, you can call an overseas point of contact (POC) for help. They can help you:
- Enroll in a TRICARE plan overseas
- Schedule appointments at overseas network facilities
- File your medical and dental claims
- Answer questions about coverage options and benefits—including complex issues
- Navigate TRICARE’s electronic self-service options
To locate your POC, contact your TRICARE Area Office.
Is TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas Right for You?
If you're an active duty service member or an activated Guard or Reserve member stationed in a designated remote overseas location, you must enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas. Family members must be command-sponsored to enroll or they have the option to use TRICARE Standard Overseas.
How to Enroll—2 Options
- Call your regional call center
- Eurasia-Africa: +44-20-8762-8384
- Latin America & Canada: 1-215-942-8393
- Pacific: +65-6339-2676 (Singapore)/+61-2-9273-2710 (Sydney)
- Mail the enrollment form along with a copy of your orders to your regional call center or TRICARE Service Center.
>>Visit the TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas Enrollment Page to Learn More