TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas is a managed care option in designated remote overseas locations:
TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas meets or exceeds the requirements for minimum essential coverageBasic health care coverage that meets the Affordable Care Act requirement. If you don’t have coverage, you may have to pay a fee for each month you aren’t covered. under the Affordable Care Act.
Who Can Participate?
The following beneficiaries may enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas:
Retirees and their families can't enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas.
How it Works
You get most care from an assigned primary care manager (PCM). Your PCM rerfers you to specialists for care he or she can't provide and works with International SOS for authorization when needed.
What You Pay
- No enrollment fees
- No copayments for any type of care as long as care is received from your PCM or with a referral
- Care received without a referral is subject to point-of-service fees
Overseas Point of Contact Program
When you enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas, you can call an overseas point of contact (POC) for help. They can help you:
- Enroll in a TRICARE plan overseas
- Schedule appointments at overseas network facilities
- File your medical and dental claims
- Answer questions about coverage options and benefits—including complex issues
- Navigate TRICARE’s electronic self-service options
To locate your POC, contact your TRICARE Area Office.
Is TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas Right for You?
TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas is only available to active duty service members (including activated Guard/Reserve members) and command-sponsored family member who live in remote overseas areas.
How to Enroll—2 Options
- Call your regional call center
- Eurasia-Africa AreaEuropean and African continents, all Middle Eastern countries, Pakistan, Russia and several former Soviet Republics. This includes Baltic States, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.: +44-20-8762-8384
- Latin America and Canada AreaCentral and South America, the Caribbean Basin, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.: 1-215-942-8393
- Pacific AreaGuam, Japan, Korea, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, India and Western Pacific remote countries.: +65-6339-2676 (Singapore)/+61-2-9273-2710 (Sydney)
- Mail the enrollment form along with a copy of your orders to your regional call center or TRICARE Service Center.
>>Visit the TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas Enrollment Page to Learn More
Once you have enrolled you can download a TRICARE wallet card to take to your appointments but you must also show your military ID as proof of coverage.
PCM Referral Waiver Extended for Turkey Evacuees
The waiver of the primary care manager referral requirement for active duty family members who were stationed in Turkey and evacuated to other worldwide locations is extended until Nov. 30, 2016. >>Learn More
Do you have medical records in an unfamiliar language?
You can get them translated through the secure medical record translation portal. >>Learn More