TRICARE Prime is a managed care option available in Prime Service AreasGeographic areas in the U.S. where we offer TRICARE Prime. They ensure medical readiness of active duty by adding to the capability and capacity of military hospitals and clinics. Prime Service Areas were also built around the Base Realignment and Closure sites..
Additional Prime options for active duty service members and their families include:
Who Can Participate?
*When retired service members and their families become eligible for TRICARE For Life, they are no longer able to enroll in TRICARE Prime.
How it Works
You have an assigned primary care manager (PCM) who provides most of your care.
- Military or network provider
- Refers you to specialists for care he or she can't provide
- Works with your regional contractor for referrals/authorization
- Accepts your copayment and files claims for you
What You Pay
>>View TRICARE Prime Costs
Is TRICARE Prime Right for You?
How to Enroll—3 Options
- Online via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website
- Call your regional contractor
- North RegionConnecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky (except Fort Campbell), Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.: 1-877-874-2273
- South RegionAlabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), and Fort Campbell, Kentucky: 1-800-444-5445
- West RegionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming.: 1-877-988-9378
- Mail the enrollment form to your regional contractor (mailing addresses on the form):
Once you have enrolled you can download a TRICARE wallet card to take to your appointments but you must also show your military ID as proof of coverage.
>>Visit the TRICARE Prime Enrollment Page to Learn More