TRICARE covers clinical preventive services. You can watch the video below to learn more.
Specific preventive services include:
Getting Preventive Care
TRICARE Prime Plans
If you're using a TRICARE Prime planTRICARE Prime plans include TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Prime Remote, TRICARE Prime Overseas, TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas, TRICARE Young Adult-Prime, and the US Family Health Plan.:
- You can get preventive services from your primary care manager or any TRICARE network provider in your region
- Referral and authorization not required.
- You'll pay nothing out of pocket for preventive services.
Note: Active duty service members must have prior authorization to visit a civilian provider.
TRICARE Standard Plans
If you're using a TRICARE Standard planTRICARE Standard plans include TRICARE Standard and Extra, TRICARE Standard Overseas, TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve, and TRICARE Young Adult-Standard., you can visit any TRICARE-authorized provider, network or non-network. You'll pay the following for preventive services:
No cost ($0) for:
- Cancer screenings* (breast, cervical, colorectal, prostate)
- Well-child visits for children under age 6 (birth through age 5)
*This includes the office visit for beneficiaries age 6 and older when a covered cancer screening or immunization is provided during the visit.
The outpatient cost share applies for all other preventive services, even if rendered at the same time as a covered cancer screening or immunization.