The DHA Data Quality Training Course is designed for those individuals who will function in the capacity of Data Quality (DQ) Manager. The function of the DQ Manager varies depending on the facility and the service. A common core description for this person would include:
- Works independently and with a data quality assurance team to develop, manage and control various applications and ad hoc reports for data capture and data quality
- Performs ongoing activities related to the data integrity function to improve the quality and accuracy of the information retrieval systems data and functionality.
- Serves as technical advisor on matters related to clinical and financial workload reporting
Please contact the appropriate DQ Service Representative for permission to attend. Class size is limited by Service. Persons who are not DQ Managers but work with data analysis and improving the quality of data in their command are also encouraged to attend. Registering for this course is a committment. Make sure that if your plans change and you cannot attend, you notify us immediately so that we can fill your space with another student.
The DHA Data Quality Training Course consists of 2.5 days of briefings and sessions (Tuesday – Thursday) that cover the following topics:
- Data Quality Management Control (DQMC) Program, DQMC Review List and the DQ Statement
- Coding Overview and the DQ Manager
- Composite Health System (CHCS) and Ambulatory Data Module (ADM)
- DMHRSi – Beyond Timesheets
- MEPRS Overview
- MHS Data Sources – Techniques for Analysis
- Uniform Business Office and the Revenue Cycle
- Financial Statements and Accounting Data
- Prospective Payment System (PPS) DQ Implications
- Medicare-Eligible Retiree Health Care Fund (MERHCF)
- MHS Service Desk Overview
As a bonus to the DQ Training Course attendees, there is an optional half day hands-on training:
“Using M2 Data Quality Reports to Improve MTF Data Quality.”
The size of the training lab is extremely limited, so early registration is important. You must have an active M2 account, or an approved M2 account request to be eligible for this training.