To ensure patient information privacy is sufficiently protected at every level as TRICARE delivers the best medical care possible to those we serve.
The primary functions of the TMA Privacy Office include:
- Develop policy and provide program oversight for the implementation of all provisions of privacy related federal legislation and DoD regulations
- Serve as the focal point for health information privacy matters for TMA personnel and beneficiaries
- Maintain policy and procedures for the release of and access to patient data
- Monitor the process for the receipt, investigation and resolution of beneficiary privacy complaints and implement corrective actions when appropriate
- Ensure the workforce is trained on patient information privacy protections and business associates are similarly obligated
Visit the TMA Privacy Office's website for additional information: http://www.tricare.osd.mil/tmaprivacy/default.cfm.Clearance of DoD Information for Public Release