Financial Operations provides planning, programming, budgeting and execution support for TMA. FO has primary responsibility for development, justification and execution of the TMA Operations and Maintenance, Procurement, and RDT&E appropriations budgets.
- Formulates the TMA organization's operating budgets. Holds quarterly execution reviews. Assists Program Managers in resolving resource issues
- Oversees and manages funds for TMA Operations, TMA Central Programs, and IM/IT. Determines the correct appropriations to be used, certifies funds, realigns funds as needed depending upon program requirements and TMA's mission.
- Coordinates budget execution actions to include funding elements and submission of acquisition documents with Military Departments, OASD (Health Affairs), OSD, Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), and Defense Contract Command - Washington (DCC-W) budget officials.
- Posts commitments and obligations of all TMA Operations, TMA Central Programs, and IM/IT funds and submits inputs to DFAS via flat file. Reconciles all commitments and obligations with DFAS, makes corrections, communicates with DFAS regarding all funds status issues.
- Posts commitments and obligations of all TMA Operations, TMA Central Programs, and IM/IT funds using the Defense Agency Initiative (DAI).
- Analyze and corrects disbursement errors posted incorrectly in DAI. Analyzes and corrects NULOs and unmatched disbursements.