|Covered by TRICARE?||Limits|
||As recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TRICARE covers age-appropriate doses of vaccines, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at no cost.
- TRICARE regularly adds coverage for new vaccines based on CDC recommendations.
- You can also talk to your provider or regional contractor to see if the vaccine you need is covered.
Getting Vaccines from a TRICARE-Authorized Provider
You can get covered vaccines from any TRICARE-authorized provider.
- If enrolled in a Prime option and want to get the vaccine from a non-network provider, you must have a referral and authorization to avoid paying point-of-service fees.
- If you get the vaccine from your provider, you may have to pay copayments or cost shares for the office visit or other services received during the office visit.
Getting Vaccines at Network Pharmacies
Through the TRICARE Pharmacy Program's expanded vaccine program, you can get some covered vaccines for $0 at participating network pharmacies. To find a pharmacy that participates in the vaccine program:
- Search online or
- Call 1-877-363-1303
Be sure to call the pharmacy first to:
- verify the days and times you can come in for a vaccine.
- see if there are any restrictions.
- make sure the pharmacy has the vaccine you need as some, such as shingles, may be in short supply.
- make sure a pharmacist gives the vaccines and not a provider from an in-pharmacy clinic to avoid potential cost shares or copayments.
Vaccines Needed for Travel Outside of the United States
For travel outside of the United States, immunizations aren't covered, except for those required by dependents of active duty service members who are traveling outside of the United States with their sponsor on permanent change of duty station orders (or other official travel).
This list of covered services is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers services that are medically necessary and considered proven. There are special rules or limits on certain services, and some services are excluded.